Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: film fest

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Alan Gesic's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2003
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Are there any plans afoot to have a film festival in the teeside area for amateurs?
    If there was a body of work to show, surely a grant to promote this raft of work is only a hop skip and jump away? How about starting up a list of shorts we can all add our titles to (if they're suitable to be seen or ready yet). Like I say, if there's enough demand for it (as such a list would evidence) we could all get our names up in lights and our mugshots in the local rag.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Funnily enough, we started making plans for such an event before I shut down STF last year.


    It may be worth starting up again, but for the fear that I'd end up having to do everything myself...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Alan Gesic's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2003
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've been informed by a friend that there might be an opportunity to hold a one day (probably saturday afternoon) film festival in his restaurant in yarm. I said I'd be back in touch when I'd heard any response. Does anybody on this board want the opportunity to display their work? If I can get any idea of numbers of films and people I can get on with organising it. Normally there'd be a cover charge or a fee for submission to film festivals, but since everything is free theres no charge! I think he'll just be welcoming of the business to the bar. So for just your beer money, a vhs and postage and your busfare you could be living la vida and seeing your labour of love (or bete noir) up on the screen.

    Any takers?

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    This is certainly something that Spare Time Films would be interested in.

    Contact me on [email protected] to discuss further.

    We have several films we could show.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •